Monday, September 20, 2010

11 days to 30: eat a can of green beans

Given how much I love to cook now, it's comical to me how I used to eat during college. I'm not joking when I say that most nights I ate shredded cheese on a tortilla and a can of green beans for dinner. Sometimes I made ramen, or cereal, other times I made a Lean Cuisine...top all that off with gallons of beer and late night Goodfellas pizza, and it's safe to say I didn't have the best diet.

Now, I'm kind of a vegetable nazi. I rarely buy the canned stuff. Why buy squishy green beaners when you can get the crisp, fresh, real thing a couple aisles over? Or the frozen version, which is almost as good?

For this experiment, I had to pull out the big guns. I didn't let myself buy a name brand. Giant Eagle it is, baby.


I ate half the can. Yep, just like I remembered it.

I almost threw the rest away, but then thought better of it. Figured I could snack on it later with some of that leftover ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment