Wednesday, September 8, 2010

23 days to 30: ramen noodles

In my rush out the door this morning, I forgot to look at my trusty 20s stunts checklist hanging on the fridge. So, all day, I was a little nervous about what I was going to have to do when I got home. Bong a beer? Steal a box of Rice a Roni from a house party? Eat a can of green beans?

Phew, just ramen. I can handle that.
Of course, I prepared it the same way I always have.

First, you straight pound the noodles into oblivion.
Then, you pour the mess into a mug with the seasoning packet and water and nuke the crap out of it.

Of course, the part I always struggle with (YES I struggle with preparing ramen, they don't call me Calamity Sue for nothing) is leaving it in the micro for so long that it boils over and explodes.


Per usual, my years of ramen experience failed me again tonight.

The end result was amazing though. Comforting and actually somewhat filling. It's like eating a cup of tea.

Not sure I'll feed my ramen habit on a regular basis, but as an occasional treat? Sure.

How do you prepare your ramen? Are there people out there who actually use the stove? Or leave the noodles whole? Fork or spoon? Mug or bowl? So, so many choices.

4 comments:

  1. I also do whole noodles on the stove. And, discard the season packet. No need to mess with a good noodle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whole noodles, stove, and HALF of a seasoning packet. How do you like them apples?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whole noodles on the stove & I add veggies and top w toasted seaweed and loads of kimchee. Like Mary, I also only use half the seasoning packet. Best gourmet food derived from a $0.25 package of dried noodles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously amazed at all the whole-noodle eaters! I just don't have the patience.

    AND so impressed with the veggie additions, Michele! I never even considered healthy-ing up my ramen :)

    ReplyDelete