Monday, September 13, 2010

18 days to 30: drinking mountain dew to get through the day

Sometimes I like to reminisce about the good old days. Like when I used to wander over to the corner coffee shop, pull out my laptop and school books with the intent to study, then spend three hours surfing the Internets, doing the crossword puzzle in The Post, and talking to friends that meandered into the coffee shop.

While I was full-on loitering - I had straight up taken over the good couch in the corner - I figured that I should probably give the establishment a bit of business. So, I'd sip on a coffee or a latte.

HA! I laugh in the face of those days of recreational caffeine usage. Now, I need at least two cups of joe to get me through the morning. I give withering looks to people like my husband and my sister who get through life without coffee.

One drug I've never really tapped was Mountain Dew. Sure, I know several people who chugged it on a regular basis, especially in college when there were a wide variety of reasons that might require one to pull an all-nighter.


I was kinda dreading this challenge. I'm not a big soda drinker, but I had a long Monday ahead of me and it seemed like the perfect thing to get me through.

Verdict: I know people say this about coffee, but who drinks this garbage? My eyeball was twitching from the caffeine buzz, plus it looks (and tastes) like somebody stuck Slimer from Ghostbusters in a juicer. At least Red Bull tastes like Sweet Tarts. 

Bottom line: Mountain Dew won't be getting me through any all-nighters in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment