Thursday, September 16, 2010

15 days to 30: going to target for fun

My senior year at Ohio University, the best thing in the world happened.

The sky opened up and the good Lord blessed us. With a ginormous, ridiculous, 24-hour Super Wal-Mart. 

Yeah, I saw the protestors. Yeah, I saw the articles in The Post about how Wal-Marts ruin local economies.

BUT. Now we could get ramen and Easy Mac and canned green beans for even CHEAPER than Kroger. Plus, it was something to do when we were busy procrastinating studying and cleaning and showering and exercising.

I loved going to Wal-Mart for fun. I mean, usually we'd go there under the guise of shopping for something, like band-aids. But we'd spend three hours and buy things like a new VCR and an $8 shrimp ring and Rubbermaid containers (WHY do college students need SO MANY Rubbermaid containers?)

Of course, I still do this. However, I've upgraded. Because instead of going to Wal-Mart, I go to Target. And instead of going "for fun," us adults like to call it, "running errands." Because that way it sounds like official business.

I have my own little route when I walk into Target. It usually goes like this: ladies clothes, ladies workout clothes, shoes, bedroom section, mirror section (why? I don't know.), kitchen section, office section. Usually I swing by the grocery and health/beauty section to pick up things I actually need.

Someone else tell me they have a route too.

Anyway, this trip was kind of a failure, since I only bought things I actually needed: garbage bags, chocolate to refill the work candy dish, and shampoo. Like I said, lame-er-roo.


Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment