Sunday, September 19, 2010

14 days to 30: buying a complete outfit at forever 21

Ah, Forever 21 - aka the home of "I need something to wear out tonight."


Because let's all be honest with ourselves: 9 times out of 10,  you aren't going to wear the $8 skirt you buy there to an important business meeting, or to meet the boyfriend's parents. You're going to wear it to the bar, where you'll likely spill beer on it and (back in the day) come home stinking like smoke. A couple weeks later, you'd bust it back out, Febreze the crap out of it, then hit the town in it one more time.

Even if you never wore it again, you already got a decent return on your $8 investment. Pretty big WIN in my book.

I decided to execute on this challenge on Friday, at the end of a long week. I dragged the hubby to the mall, promising a reward of Mexican at our fave place if he tagged along.

As expected, this was what I had to deal with.


Quite an undertaking when you're tired, hungry, and have margaritas on the brain.

Fortunately, I powered through, and made it home with two pairs of leggings and a basic cotton tee. Not exactly a full outfit, but luckily I don't have to worry about having to Febreze them.

No comments:

Post a Comment