Sunday, September 5, 2010

26 days to 30: nap and a reality show marathon

One of the things I miss the most about college is all the naps. It amazes me when I look back how many extra hours in the day that were available to dedicate to napping. At class for three hours? Exhausting. Time for a two hour nap, followed by five episodes of Trading Spaces and a can of green beans for dinner. You might call that lazy, I called it Wednesday.

After college, naps and Real World marathons were an integral part of my Saturdays (and usually Sundays too). I mean, all I had to do on the weekends when I lived in an apartment was occasionally clean the bathroom and go to Target for fun. Might as well catch a few ZZZs in between all that excitement.

Now, I'm a homeowner. Saturdays are for painting and yardwork and projects and figuring out the weird thing the kitchen faucet's been doing. No time for naps!

So today, with the hubby away for the weekend, the pup being his usual lazy self, and the last two episodes of Top Chef begging to be watched, I set up shop and flat out relaxed. It was amazing. I almost busted out a can of green beans for old time's sake.

I see many more naps in my future. I guess that means the hubby's going to have to handle the kitchen faucet.

No comments:

Post a Comment