Wednesday, September 1, 2010

30 days to 30: porch sitting

Back in college, I remember LOVING porch sitting. Like, obsessively. To me, there was really nothing better on warm days than flat out loitering on the front porch.

Please note that I'm not talking about the backyard. Only losers hung out in the backyard and just "enjoyed the weather."

Mind you, niether of my college houses had a proper front porch, so I invited myself over to porch sit at at Bonnie & the Lacrosse Girls' house on West State St. Not only did they have a huge front porch, they also had a porch SWING. And usually some Natural Light. On warm days, it was basically the place to be.

Another bonus: they lived in a high traffic area, so we always said hello to friends walking by, laughed at people taking walks of shame (the ones the night after Halloween were EPIC), and yelled "HERD!" to packs of new freshmen wandering the streets.

Fast forward to tonight. Porch sitting? BORING.

My walk-of-shame-free street
I mean. It was a fab night here in the CLE. Hot, but not humid, sunny, but with a little breeze. I had some great company, too.


But without the walks of shame, or the freshman herds, what's the point? I can hang out in the backyard to enjoy the weather.

Pretty sure I'm leaving this one in my 20s.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog you're doing. I'm so excited to see all 30 days...haha.

    ReplyDelete