Sunday, September 5, 2010

27 days to 30: girly shots

I have a complicated relationship with shots. As much as I like to think I'm a grizzled veteran with a liver of steel, the truth is that I'm kind of a wimp.

Most of the time, I decline when offered a shot because they're a one-way ticket to Hangover Town for this chica. If I describe a night out and there were shots involved, I simultaneously hang my head in shame.

Unfortunately for me, I'm not sure I could get out of this little experiment without downing at least a couple.

This challenge fell on a night when I happened to be meeting friends at an authentic English pub. When I ordered five Pineapple Upside-Down Cake shots, the look on our server's face was PRICELESS. He looked at me like I'd just ordered a hamburger in a Chinese restaurant.

As he brought the shots over, he asked if we wanted CHERRIES in them. Like, the way your barista at Starbucks asks if you want whipped cream on your mocha. I guess if you're going to do it, do it up, right?


Of course, it was delicious, sticky sweet, and tasted like it had almost no alcohol in it. Perfect for this lightweight.

Bottom line: I'll probably end up indulging in a few of these into my 30s, but only on nights worth hanging my head in shame over.

No comments:

Post a Comment