Sunday, September 12, 2010

19 days to 30: buy store-brand cereal

I've always been a proponent of store brands. Whether you have the money or not, those frozen veggies are basically the same thing, right?

I recently started buying some brand name stuff, like yogurt and cereal, but proudly buy Giant Eagle peanut butter, bread, etc.

Now, I am an avid Multi-Grain Cheerios eater. And when I say avid, I mean that the floor of my cube at work is littered with them because I'm constantly munching from the box I keep in my desk drawer. It's like a baby lives under my desk.

For today's challenge, I decided I should make myself buy store-brand cereal. BIG mistake.

These were the two available choices. No Multi-Grain option in sight. And why is that bear staring at me like that?


I went with the crazy bear. He was scary, but the prospect of plain Valu Time Cheerios was a tad more frightening.

I grabbed a handful out of the box to sample. They weren't too terrible, but I'm switching back to my Multi Grain standby next week. Call me a baby, I like my cereal routine.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing that makes me more angry than generic cereal

    ReplyDelete